Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing is currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager. Fortis is a strong leader in Canadian mining, and we pride ourselves on the work we do, and the people and communities we work with. The Project Manager will provide leadership, direction, and project management experience to our team. This position will primarily be office based with potential for short term on-site requirements.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Fortis believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Promote and advocate the Company’s vision, mission, and values
- Manage projects relating to the mining and construction industries
- Interact regularly with corporate management team(s) regarding project progress, resourcing, financials, etc.
- Compile and report project progress on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Identify and track changes in scope and secure appropriate baseline contract adjustments for price and schedule in accordance with established change management protocols
- Establish a honest working relationship with other Contractors, Sub-Contractors, and the Client, and proactively resolve challenges and barriers
- Manage and coordinate staffing, safety, and quality effort for the project, utilizing supervision, safety, and QC resources accordingly
- Implement and maintain the project schedule on a daily or weekly basis and review progress with the project team and client representatives
- Manage the timely completion of all company and client required financial, safety, quality, and schedule reporting requirements
- Review, control, and monitor daily Labor, Equipment and Materials (LEMs), where applicable
- Ensure all required project deliverables are performed
- Promote opportunities for improvement in all areas of the project planning, execution, and closing
- Other duties as required
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager in the construction, engineering, or manufacturing industries. Preference would be in an underground mining/construction related environment. Preference would be in an underground mining/construction related environment
- Preference for candidates with an engineering degree or engineering technologist certification
- In-depth knowledge of technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, engineering, estimating, scheduling, and safety
- Formal project management training, including Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) designation considered an asset
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications relating to structural steel and steel erection
- Must have an understanding of mining terminology, scheduling and planning concepts
- Proficiency in computer skills including experience in MS Projects and Primavera
- Professional communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of safety procedures and processes
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
FORTIS MINING, ENGINEERING, & MANUFACTURING
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted.