Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing is currently recruiting for Project Coordinators. We are hiring for an office-based coordinator operating out of our office in Saskatoon. Fortis is a strong leader in Canadian mining, and we pride ourselves on the work we do, and the people and communities we work with. The Project Coordinator will assist the Project Manager, Superintendent, and administrative support staff with the overall project in regard to general project planning/coordination, client interaction and communication, safety, scheduling, quality and cost/scope management. This position will be primarily office based with potential for short term on-site requirements.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Fortis believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Coordination of project personnel, materials and equipment
- Assist with preparation and execution of overall work plan and schedule
- Detailed tracking and reporting of labour, materials and equipment
- Prepare weekly productivity reports
- Assist with quality assurance and management of client expectations
- Provide other technical office support as required
- Participate in on-site safety meetings and be a leader of initiatives
- Identifying needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicating these to the appropriate persons
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritized plan for individual tasks and assignments
- Resolving or reporting any scheduling conflicts with the client
- Coordinating work with other project groups to identify needs and requirements along with interfacing with other contractors and the client
- 3-5 years of experience in a related role will be considered an asset with preference for in-field experience on mining/industrial construction sites
- Technical background in construction, engineering, or manufacturing in an industrial or mining project environment
- Preference for candidates with an engineering degree or engineering technologist certification
- PMP Designation or Project Management Certification will be considered an asset
- Ability to create a comprehensive schedule, administer subcontracts and contract documents
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with scheduling software (such as Primavera or MS Project) will be considered an asset
- Ability to apply problem solving principles to project challenges and present solutions
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
FORTIS MINING, ENGINEERING, & MANUFACTURING
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!