Certified Sales & Rentals is currently recruiting to fulfill a Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyperson role. This position is primarily responsible for performing mechanical maintenance and repairs on heavy equipment, machinery, and industrial systems.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Northern Strands Group of Companies believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot and repair underground mobile equipment
- Estimate and quote rebuilds and repairs
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers
- Maintain and support equipment records and repair history
- Provide data for cause and failure analysis
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Manage work and projects effectively and accurately
- Other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Journeyperson certificate
- Familiar with hydraulics, electronics, engine and transmission diagnostics, and battery powered equipment
- Valid drivers license
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
CERTIFIED SALES & RENTALS
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Sales & Rentals comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!