Our team is growing! Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing is currently recruiting for a Projects Admin. The Projects Admin performs administrative duties requiring initiative, independence, and confidentiality in areas of project administration across multiple divisions as required. Reporting directly to the Sr. Contracts Administrator, the Projects Admin plays a key role in the execution of daily tasks necessary for the efficient operation of the organization. This position provides direct support to the Contracts Admin position in Mining, as well as support to the Lifeline and Progression projects team.
- Perform, facilitate, and support activities for a variety of tasks related to the project team:
- Receipt of goods and/or services in the Global shop Application system related to projects.
- Costing and reconciling company credit card transactions to various projects.
- Entering Courier invoices.
- Creating and entering expense reports for employees/crew.
- Opening and maintaining jobs in the Global shop Application system.
- Labour entries for site crews, which includes entries into the Global shop Application system, LEM trackers, Payroll timecards and customer specific portals daily.
- Emailing out timecards to employees onsite and ensuring timecards are returned on time.
- Updating reports during weekly meetings.
- E-filing all documents for electronic storage and easy lookup.
- Assist with completing monthly safety stats for Projects team.
- Provide back-up to Contracts Admin position.
- Assist with setup and ongoing maintenance of filing systems.
- Assist with Mining related employee tracking and information;
- LOA Documentation
- Lay-off slips
- Hire-on documentation
- Assist co-workers and others by looking up information, and details on jobs, as required.
- General Duties, including but not limited to:
- To deal courteously with customers, vendors, and all other coworkers, displaying a professional conduct and appearance
- Provide other administrative support to all areas of the Group of Companies, as require.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- An administrative assistant certificate from a recognized business school.
- A minimum of two years experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of both Global shop & SAP Applications would be beneficial.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and problem-solve as required.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work well under pressure with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
- Proficiency of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience, that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for the position.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term and life insurance.
- Matching Company RSP contributions.
- Support in your career development aspirations
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted.