Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing is recruiting for Project Engineer-In-Training. We are hiring for an office-based Project Engineer-In-Training operating out of our office in Saskatoon. Fortis is a strong leader in the province of Saskatchewan and we pride ourselves on the work we do, and the people and communities we work with.
The Project Engineer-In-Training will assist the Project Manager, Superintendent and administrative support staff with the overall project in regard to general project engineering, planning/coordination, client interaction and communication, safety, scheduling, quality and cost/scope management. This position will be primarily office based with potential for short term on-site requirements or site-based secondments as mutually agreed.
- Provide assistance with engineering design and technical support for the construction of industrial and mining projects.
- Prepare simple plans and reports with the related engineering calculations
- Assist more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex designs
- Develop equipment specifications and design requirements
- Assist with preparation and execution of overall work plan and schedule
- Assist with quality assurance and management of client expectations
- Provide other technical project support as required
- Identifying needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicating these to the appropriate persons
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritized plan for individual tasks and assignments
- Coordinating work with other project groups to identify needs and requirements along with interfacing with other contractors and the client
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preference will be given to those candidates with a Structural, Mechanical, Mining, or related engineering degree)
- Eligibility for registration as an Engineer-In-Training with APEGS
- 0-4+ years experience in a related role will be considered an asset
- Technical background in an industrial or mining project environment is considered an asset
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to apply problem solving principles to project challenges and present solutions
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Note: Candidates registered as a Professional Engineering through APEGS with >4+ years experience may also be considered for a Jr./Intermediate Engineering position with responsibilities adjusted to suit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
FORTIS MINING, ENGINEERING, & MANUFACTURING
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!