Northern Strands is currently recruiting to fulfill the role of Project Coordinator – Fall Protection. Reporting to the Fall Protection Project Manager, the Fall Protection Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall project regarding general project planning/coordination, client interaction and communication, safety, scheduling, quality, and cost/scope management. In addition, you will assist in generating service quotations and build customer relations providing knowledge and understanding of height safety requirements.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Northern Strands believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Building and maintaining customer relations
- Assist with preparing quotations for clients that outline components and services required including issuing requests for competitive pricing on materials and subcontracted services
- Coordination of project personnel, materials, and equipment
- Preparation and execution of overall work plan and schedule
- Identifying needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicating these to the appropriate persons
- Detailed tracking and reporting of labour, materials, and equipment
- Maintain customer annual inspection database by issuing notices, quotations and compiling and issuing inspection information from field to Engineering
- Complete project closeout duties such as invoicing, compilation of turnover packages and project postmortems
- Liaise with Crew Supervisor, Engineering and Fabrication as required on projects and to develop solutions and troubleshoot any issues that may arise
- Attend internal and external project update meetings and track minutes for distribution
- Establish and maintain current knowledge and firm understanding of products and services available
- Establish and maintain current knowledge and firm understanding of legislation and standards and ensure that others are aware of those changes including customers, vendors, and colleagues
- Provide timely and complete internal reporting
- Provide other administrative office support as required
- Support the Engineered Fall Protection division and Northern Strands Group of Companies as required.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- 3-5 years of experience in a related role will be considered an asset
- Preference for experience in construction or engineered safety products fields; ability to read construction drawings, specifications and understand the flow of work required
- PMP Designation or Project Management Certification will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with scheduling software (such as Primavera or MS Project) will be considered an asset
- Effective Document Control
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledgebase
- Confident and articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to interact directly with clients
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines managing all areas of the project, from award to closing
- Working as part of a team as well as working independently
- Understanding in value added solutions, including elements of design, engineering, fabrication, and installation
- Planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Analytical and detail oriented problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly grasp occupational health and safety regulations, fall protection standards and other corresponding regulation codes, and apply in customer dealings and product applications
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term, and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted.