Fortis Mining, Engineering & Manufacturing is currently recruiting to fulfill the role of Payroll Administrator. This position provides support to the organization by performing a variety of accounting, payroll and financial-related duties. These duties include processing daily transactions such as receipts, deposits, and coding, entering, reconciling, and issuing cheques. The Payroll Administrator also performs clerical duties including maintaining filing and record systems.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Fortis believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Payroll employee setup, includes but not limited to, employee profile, benefits, RSP, etc
- Enter employee timecards, verify, calculate, and finalize payroll on a semi-monthly basis
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, garnishments, benefit premiums and Group RSP contributions
- Prepare employee payments via electronic funds transfer (EFT) and maintain EFT database
- GST and PST remittance
- Company RSP remittance and maintenance
- Annual preparation of T4 and T4A statements
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefit accounts
- Manage, monitor, and update vacation accrual information on a regular basis and maintain vacation calendar
- Analyze and update all benefit premiums based on monthly statements. Reconcile all benefit accounts and adjust as required
- Process wage changes and update employee profiles as needed
- Prepare, calculate, and enter payroll; remittance for multiple companies
- Prepare and enter payroll journal entries following each pay period
- Calculate final pay for employees per provincial employment standards requirements as required and file all record of employments documents electronically
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Possession of PCP designation through the National Payroll Institute
- Minimum 2 years experience required
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential material
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Sage 300 preferred
- Previous work experience in the mining or manufacturing industry would be an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term, and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!